Fina Trust Microfinance Bank, a member of LOLC Group with corporate Head Office in Colombo – Sri Lanka, is one of Nigeria’s foremost Microfinance Bank. Its operating license was secured from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in September 2009 as a Microfinance Bank and commenced operations in October 2009. It holds a State License and hence operates in Lagos State. The registered office address of the Company is 46, Toyin Street, Ikeja Lagos State.
Fina Trust Microfinance Bank has built a resounding success on excellent service delivery in a uniquely customer friendly environment through professional staff, leveraging on world-class technology. A continuous investment in information technology and in people sets the bank apart from others.
In the last few years, the Bank has attracted patronage from Small & Medium Scale subsector of the economy, carved a niche as a supportive Bank for Retail businesses and empowering Micro businesses through distinctive services. The Bank’s commitment to value creation for all its stakeholders has earned it a solid reputation as a responsible corporate citizen and employer of choice.
Today’s Banking is borderless and without restrictions, consequently the Bank developed an unparalleled strategic alliance with Sterling Bank Plc and Fidelity Bank Plc to enable its Customers deposit or withdraw money from either of the Bank branches and in over 1,000 locations. This opportunity creates over 250 strategic locations for the Bank to serve its customers’ needs across the country despite being within the restriction of its license. In 2015, the Bank launched a state of the art technology that provides ease for the use of ATM Cards, POS terminals, Electronic transfers and Mobile banking for its customers and commenced the preparation for a fintech competitive poise. As a growing Microfinance Bank in Nigeria, the bank has empowered its Customers with life changing consumer and business loans in excess of NGN 20 Billion over the last 5 years.
Fina Trust Mission is “to set new standards in microfinance banking by improving economically active individuals and entrepreneurs through excellent services and innovative products delivered by skilled workforce”.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE MISSION STATEMENT
- “Set new standards in microfinance banking”: The Bank is focused on emerging as the industry’s reference benchmark for value creation among all its classes of stakeholders – customers, shareholders, employees, regulators, community, vendors etc.
- “Empowering economically active individuals and entrepreneurs”: financial inclusion to Fina Trust is not just about the numbers of unbanked that are provided with access but a focus at creating life changing opportunities to the populace. The commitment to value creation to the less opportune drives the Bank’s processes. The target is to identify the opportunity gap and/or curtailed values that can/will be unlocked through our products.
- “Excellent services and innovative products”: The Bank is committed to building a banking franchise that will be reputed as a leader in Excellence and Innovation in Nigeria.
- “Skilled Workforce”: Bank staff commitment is Fina Trust Microfinance Bank promise; even when it is a great inconvenience. Professionalism, competitive core skills are hallmark of Fina Trust personnel choices.
To Be the Leading Microfinance Bank in Nigeria.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE BANK’S VISION
- “Lead”: in all dimensions, size, profitability, service excellence, management capabilities, returns to shareholders.
The Core Values that will guide Fina Trust Microfinance Bank are:
- The Bank is a performance driven organization with focus at finding the points of synergy between all stakeholders’ needs- owners, investors, workers, customers, the operating environment.
- The Bank’s commitment is to create competitive value for all stakeholders and to continuously outperform every last record within the harmony mind-set.
- Fidelity and confidentiality are geared at winning the customer’s implicit trust
- Virtue, honesty, and transparency are promoted in all staff
- There is an evident demonstration of due professional care in decision making
- Transparency is the hallmark of Fina Trust Microfinance Bank
- There is intentional and absolute adherence to applicable internal and external policies
- Bank Staff take on the Platinum Rule as the standard to institutionalize respect for the Individual within Fina Trust Microfinance Bank.
- The Bank will treat people the way they want to be treated
- Maintaining courtesy and decorum at all times
- Socially responsible, ensuring that Bank staff respect and care for the environment that provides us with business opportunities as well as the people in it through the value they derive from the Bank’s products and services
- There can be no difference in share of value within the Bank
- Recognition of what are due to all including the basic
- Ensuring such dues are settled diligently and fairness, impartially.
- ‘Service first’ attitude: “The Bank exists to serve the needs of customers (internal and external). Customer service will be the first consideration in everything we do”
- Creativity in meeting the customers’ internal and external needs
- Extra effort to ensure that customers’ expectations are exceeded
- Proactively respond to customer needs
- Maintain a positive, “can do” attitude towards customers
- Develop a deep, holistic understanding of the customer (customer intimacy)
- Build a life time relationship with our customers, we will ensure that our people and processes speak this language
- Make customers feel the pleasantness of being served while holding tight to the trust they have in doing business with the Bank
Fina Trust Microfinance Bank pledges to continually “Exceed the Expectations of all our Stakeholders”
Platforms & Partnerships
Fina Trust has developed the culture of leveraging relationships to drive competitive service to its customers. Some of these relationships are platforms for efficiency, others are partnerships for expanded service offerings along the value chain. The table below summarizes the Platforms and relationships that the Bank currently enjoys:
|Platform/Partnership||Purpose||History & Content|
|Correspondence bank where customers can access their deposits and pay into their accounts with Fina Trust||For years, the bank has processed several transactions through this platform for its clients.|
|Sterling Bank||Correspondence bank where customers can access their deposits and pay into their accounts with Fina Trust.The Bank’s Verve Debit Card is issued on the Sterling Bank platform.||The relationship is more than 4 years old. The bank has issued more than 5,000 cards through this platform with over 2000 active cards on the platform|
|Stanbic IBTC||The Bank’s Mastercard Debit Card is issued on the Stanbic Bank platform. Fina Trust is the first Microfinance Bank to issue Mastercard to its customers in Nigeria||The relationship is 2 years old and more than 3,000 cards have been issued on the platform with over 1,500 active cards.|
|e-platform for cash transfer from account to accounts. Including third party accounts to Fina Trust accounts.||Commenced in 2017.|
|A platform for public sector collection and remittances. Provides access to MDAs and States government transactions in many remote places.||Concluded agreement in July, 2017|
|Platform for mobile money and agency banking||Lots of transactions are processed on a daily basis through this channel|